Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kossel Mini K800 Delta 3D Printer

Start building the Mini Kossel 3D printer because it's simplicity & low cost, gathering parts again. Finally I bought a Kossel mini based K800 kit from the supplier. Print quality is better than I expected, I'll record a video when I got more experience on the printer & the slicer. Good day!

http://reprap.org/wiki/Kossel


















Bill of Materials


 Linear motion



Diagonal push rods


Optional (Magnetic Joints Upgrade)

  • 12 x M4 threaded steel ball rod end (For magnetic ball joint system)
  • 6 x 180mm 3K woven carbon fiber tube (OD = 6, ID = 4mm)





Calibration



Slicer program (Slicing Model)

  • Slic3r (Repetier-Host) - FREE
  • Cura (Ultimaker) - FREE
  • KISSlicer - FREE & Paid
  • Simplify3D - Paid - All-In-One program, cost $149 but it's a great program, the best I tired so far, recommended! [Tutorial 1, 2, 3]


3D Model (Things to print)





2 comments:

  1. Hi Gary, I'm starting to build my mini k800 too, but the Aliexpress vendor is not sending me the assembly instructions. Did you have a copy you can share with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reference to Kossel mini instruction only
    http://blomker.com/Kossel_Mini_Assembly_Guide_V1.0.pdf

    ReplyDelete